*A Must Read* The Sky Between You and Me by Catherine Alene Book Review!

1:49:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a copy in exchange for my honest review.

This book was unlike anything I have ever read before! I loved the way the author structured this book by writing in verse. I fell in love with this style of writing. I wish I could write like this. It was amazing. It was like taking in new air.

The topic to write about mental health was one that I hold near and dear to my heart. The characters and the story were realistic and very much relatable. It showed the struggled and the rawness of someone overcoming a debilitating disease. The reader feels empathy and goes through all of the emotions that these characters are going through.

I absolutely loved all of the connections with animals and hobbies that were so deep and true in nature. Raesha shined in this book for not only overcoming her battles but because we learned her story and we admired her struggles. We championed for her. The Sky between You and Me is a book that I will never forget. It's a book that I will carry in memory and talk about with not only my readers but with friends and family.

This book could be used to open up a dialogue between someone who is battling the same disease. It's important to let it be known that we need to embrace our bodies no matter what. We need to love ourselves and not conform to societal's needs of what they deem perfect. I give this book 4.5/5 stars. Thank you, Catherine Alene, for writing such an emotionally raw book.

Thank you for visiting and commenting!