A MUST READ ***Book Review*** Revelry by Kandi Steiner!

1:44:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Add to your Goodreads
Buy on Amazon


Thank you, Kandi Steiner, for providing us with ARC in exchange for our honest review. You never cease to amaze us.

This book spoke to me like no book has ever spoken to me before. This is going to be the most personal book review I have ever done. I will bare my soul and my personal life. For the last 11 years of life, I have been in a relationship. That relationship ended this past winter. Like all relationships, It was beautiful in the beginning and full of promises and hopes and dreams. In the middle of that, I started to become someone different. I started to lose myself, I lost sight of my dreams and became the person that was always doing things to satisfy my partner. I felt like a prisoner. I hid behind smiles, lies, and doors. Yes, doors.


This story was about growth and loving yourself again. Both of what I am in the process of doing. Something I had begun to do just 3 short months ago. So when Kandi announced this book and I read the blurb, I knew I had to read it. I cried and cried because I related to Wren so much. Too much. That need to always feel that you had to prove yourself to someone, to satisfy them just to make them feel better while you're feeling like shit because once again you have put yourself aside for them.


Destiny and I had a candid conversation about this book. Yes, this book had sex scenes but she and I are very open about this topic. You see, I got pregnant with her at 16 and had her at 17. So I told myself that I will always be open with my kids about the subject so that they wouldn't be scared like I was and go down the same path I did. We talk about everything and discuss everything in detail. How did certain chapters make her feel, what did she learn, so on and so forth?

So when the subject about her stepfather and myself came up, it wasn't awkward but it was difficult to put into words. How do I find the right words to explain that the intimacy between her stepfather and I had died a long time ago? And by intimacy, I don't mean sex. I mean, those intimate moments where you have with your partner during conversations, connecting on a spiritual level, and just intimacy overall. We both still love him. I don't think that will ever go away. But when it comes to her seeing how bad I needed to find myself and love myself again, she didn't hesitate in telling me. There were similarities between Wren and myself. Wren's mother and mine.  This might very well be my longest review to date and for that, I apologize....or maybe I don't. Because for the first time in 11 years, I love ME again. I see ME again, I feel FREE again.


The structure to Revelry was absolutely strong, steady and captivating. I loved that the setting of the book happened in the mountains with Wren and Anderson connecting in the cabins. There is a sense of freeness and a connection with nature and love that makes it beautiful and whimsical.

I loved all of the characters. They each had a strong back story. Momma Von reminded me of my old work supervisor. Who was caring, compassionate and always there for me and had all the right answers. Ron reminded me of my dad. A man with not so many words but when he speaks, he speaks volumes. Anderson was completely broken and so was Wren but they both found themselves and needed each other, not to heal but just needed each other.


The strength of this book was the entire story of how our perception of marriage, how it should be and it really is, is completely different from those who we are in that marriage with. It showed raw emotion. It gave us heartbreak, it gave us love, it gave us everything we never wanted and everything we needed.

I love this book. I love this book with every ounce of my being. I love that this book opened up more discussions with my daughter. I love that this book is helping me move on and heal from something I thought would take me years to get over. Kandi, I love you. I thank you, and I will forever hold this book near and dear to my heart. I will remember every single tear drop that fell as I read this book, I will remember every deep breath I exhaled, and I will remember the feeling I felt when I woke up this morning when I finally felt the air rush back into my lungs.

I give this book a hundred stars!

Author Info:

Kandi Steiner is a bestselling author and whiskey connoisseur living in Tampa, FL. Best known for writing “emotional rollercoaster” stories, she loves bringing flawed characters to life and writing about real, raw romance — in all its forms. No two Kandi Steiner books are the same, and if you’re a lover of angsty, emotional, and inspirational reads, she’s your gal.

An alumna of the University of Central Florida, Kandi graduated with a double major in Creative Writing and Advertising/PR with a minor in Women’s Studies. She started writing back in the 4th grade after reading the first Harry Potter installment. In 6th grade, she wrote and edited her own newspaper and distributed to her classmates. Eventually, the principal caught on and the newspaper was quickly halted, though Kandi tried fighting for her “freedom of press.” She took particular interest in writing romance after college, as she has always been a die hard hopeless romantic, and likes to highlight all the challenges of love as well as the triumphs.

When Kandi isn’t writing, you can find her reading books of all kinds, talking with her extremely vocal cat, and spending time with her friends and family. She enjoys live music, traveling, anything heavy in carbs, beach days, movie marathons, craft beer and sweet wine — not necessarily in that order.

Facebook - facebook.com/kandisteiner
Website - www.kandisteiner.com

Thank you for visiting and commenting!