The Romantics by Leah Konen Book Review!

4:33:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Add to your Goodreads shelf
Pre-Order on Amazon
Pre-Order on Barnes & Noble
I received a copy from the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Romantics is a story about heartbreak, love, and friendship. About how to deal with a broken heart and a betrayal in friendship. Leah Konen, you have done it again girl. This book was everything I thought it was going to be and more! I am a sucker for a great romance and this had everything I loved. Do you want to know another thing that I absolutely loved about this book? That LOVE was narrating the story! How cute is that? This was a genius idea!

Konen pretty much wrote the story of everyone's love lives. We've all had that high school heartbreak, but to read it and be on the outside looking in sort of speak, was just exhilarating! It gave me all the feels. I laughed and I cried with these characters! I was immediately taken by Sammy. Sammy is every bit of myself. I related to her so much. I just wish I had a Gael....I mean I do in a sense who I just happen to be married to BUT we all wish we could have that one guy in the book that we are reading. I couldn't help but feel the pain Gael's parents were going through. My parents have been married for 30+ years but if they had gone through what Gael's parents had gone through, my heart would have shattered.

The raw emotion that Konen makes you feel as she writes how the characters dealt with their personal issues is intense. I have said this about a few of the books I've read but this is totally different. I would LOVE to see this become a TV show with love narrating the story. How cool would that be? Come on people let's get this show started!

The book gave me some of "The Breakfast Club" feels and it's referenced in the book too! You'll completely understand if you've seen the movie. That ending where Brian walks on the football field after he realizes something. Cue the music.."Don't You (Forget About Me)".

 I give this book 5+/5 stars!

Thank you for visiting and commenting!