Book Review - A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner

10:26:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Add to your Goodreads shelf
Pre-Order on Amazon
Thank you Southern Bell for providing me an ARC in exchange for an honest review. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have said this before and I will say it again, I'm a sucker for romance books! This book had me drunk in love with it from beginning to end! I cried, I laughed, I swooned. we can all agree we've had a whiskey in our lives. I married mine. This book destroyed me and healed me. We've all had that one love that had us so obsessively drunk out of our minds that we can't get enough of. 



"I thought of how his skin burned mine when he touched me, how just being in his vicinity made my limbs tingle"

Kandi Steiner wrote an amazing and breathtaking story. I rooted for their love, I felt like I was on the sidelines watching their story unfold and comparing love. I loved each and every single character that was introduced with the exception of one....okay maybe two. This love story takes you on a wild, emotional and breathtakingly raw. You will sit there and question if you ended up with the whiskey bottle in your cabinet. 

"Please. Let me be your friend"


The story of B and Jaime started off innocent and sweet until they discovered their love for one another. B grew up thinking she came from a picture perfect family. After finding out the truth, she leaned on Jaime. Jaime did the same as he was dealing with difficult things in his life. 


"Thanks for tonight...You're my best friend, B."

Timing had never been on their side.....or had it? This relationship will have you crying as you start to mentally see their love grow and develop. Steiner created such a stunning and vibrant imagery that you just can't help but become emotionally involved.


"If neither of us are married by the time we're thirty, we marry each other."

My favorite line from the book would have to be, "It turned out a Whiskey stain was just as permanent as ink, and I wondered If I would ever truly wash myself clean. Or if I even wanted to." This line just validated everything for me. The love she has for him. The craving her heart has for his. Every single thing! Kandi Steiner's writing is articulate, emphatic, eloquent, and exceptionally idiomatic. 

"This is my love letter to you...everything I have is in these pages. Now the pen is in your hand. Come find me, Whiskey. I'll be waiting."

This book surpassed my expectations. I didn't think I would get through this book in a few hours, yet I did. It was both satisfying and sad. I didn't want it to end. This book was my whiskey for the moment. From the first drop to the very last. I need a second book...or maybe a novella. I give this book 5+++++/5 stars. 

Thank you for visiting and commenting!