Melody's Key by Dallas Coryell Book Review!

1:23:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Add to your Goodreads shelf
Buy on Amazon
Tegan Lockwood is a young woman with dreams who thinks they won't ever become reality. She works in her family's bed and breakfast, Lockwood Holiday.  She receives a full scholarship to Columbia University in NYC but cannot attend due to her family's financial struggle. It's bad enough they are barely staying afloat at their bed & breakfast that was left for them, so sending Tegan to Columbia is out of the question. 

Dallas Coryell is an author I haven't heard of but was ecstatic when I read the synopsis of the book. Dallas Coryell offered to send me a copy of his book in exchange for an honest review. I love reading books from authors that are brand new. You never know how amazing that author is until you give them a chance. I was glad I did. This story line was absolutely beautiful. It is everything and more! This book has all of the qualities of the perfect romance. It's filled with positives as well as life lessons and morals; Your dreams and aspirations are never out of reach or too big. It had almost a Nicholas Sparks feel to it. With a mix of The Notebook and The Longest Ride. 

I love how full the characters were. Dallas gave them personality, structure, and gave descriptive details about them. It's almost as if you knew them for years. In my opinion, I think the most important part of the book are the characters. The storyline, of course, comes next but if the characters are flat then the story just falls through. This did not happen with Melody's Key. This book was refreshing to read. It was like finding a pearl inside of an oyster. I definitely want to purchase this book and prop it up on my shelf. The only thing I would change about the book would be the cover. I love the black and white negative effect photo of the piano. The font, however, I'm not a fan of. I give this book 5+ stars. 

Thank you for visiting and commenting!