It Looks Like This by Rafi Mittlefehldt Book Review.

6:10:00 PM 2 Comments A+ a-

Add to Goodreads
Pre-Order on Amazon
Pre-Order on Barnes & Noble
Thank you Netgalley for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review. When I read the synopsis for this book, I was really excited to read it. That was until I actually started reading it. I loved the plot of the book, however, I was really disappointed with the way it was written and how the characters were. I felt the characters were very flat. The concept of this book could have been super amazing if only the characters were a little more well-rounded. I had high hopes for this book. The biggest issue I had with this book was the fact that the dialogue was not in quotation marks. It felt like too much he said, she said.

This book was emotional for me to read. I found myself becoming frustrated and sad because this does happen in the real world with real teens. That was my main reason for wanting to read this. I give this book 3/5 stars. Rafi had a beautiful story going here. I just wish there were more to love with the writing. It Looks Like This is due to be released on September 6, 2016. I would still recommend this book because underneath all of the faults (in the writing), there is still a great story.

2 comments

Write comments
elizabeth
AUTHOR
August 22, 2016 at 7:57 AM delete

Aw great review! I find it frustrating also when a book has a great story but the writing could have been so much better; when the writing isn't there I find it really tricky to get in to! A book like this for me is The Ice Twins, I just didn't like the author's writing style xD xx

elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

Reply
avatar
Helen-Marie
AUTHOR
August 22, 2016 at 8:54 AM delete

Thank you Elizabeth! It was really tricky to get into. I loved that it was an LGBT book. I was hoping that it would blow my mind but sadly it didn't. The Ice Twins is on my TBR list.

Followed you on both :-)

Reply
avatar

Thank you for visiting and commenting!