The Good Girl by Mary Kubica Book Review!

9:21:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was completely fascinated by the multiple first person narration. I would have never guessed that this was Mary Kubica's debut novel! I loved how the chapters were mixed, some being before and after Mia went missing. This story had a lot of twists and turns and keeps you on the edge of your seat. It's a suspense thriller with a love story thrown in the mix. Mia comes from a prominent family and goes missing. No one knows who wants to hurt her or why but WE know that Colin has kidnapped Mia but the question still remains, why?

Colin's 'Before' chapters were my favorite. All we know is that people aren't always who they seem. You start to learn more about each character with the chapters. Peeling back a layer until you get to what is real and what is not. I love reading books that I can picture turning into a movie. The entire time I was reading this book, I could picture it playing out in my head like a mini movie. When we get the answers we've been wanting, we are thrown into a unexpected loop. You start to understand why after being left in total shock for a few minutes.

The love story that was thrown in the middle of all of this thrilling craziness had to be my favorite. Love is found in moments you least expect to which you'll come to find with this book. I gave this book a 5 star rating. Mary Kubica's writing is incredibly strong, structured, and appealing. I'm looking forward to reading her other novels.

Thank you for visiting and commenting!