Without Curtains by Holly M. Campbell Book Review!

9:22:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Disclosure: This book was given to us for free in exchange for an honest review by 48fourteen publishing




This book really intrigued me when I read the synopsis. I really enjoyed the characters especially Rebecca. She was indeed my favorite along with Jackson, her brother. My favorite part of the book was when she had that determination to find her mother's killer and wouldn't leave Clayton Creek until he is caught. I like how the author made Rebecca's memories of the 'Shadow' and other incidents from when she was a child, into short chapters. It was nice to see something different like that in a book.

The book gave me the goosies - goosebumps for those that don't know - and kept me wondering and guessing who the killer was. It had me second guessing every person that Rebecca was surrounded by. I did not want to stop reading this book. I read it as soon as I got out of school - I had the eBook copy and couldn't read it in school. I enjoyed the shocking scenes and cried during the sad ones. This story had me on an emotional roller-coaster.

It was so heartfelt and I just absolutely was fascinated by it. I immediately fall in love with a book when I can imagine the scenes playing out in my head as I'm reading the story; this book did exactly just that. The author had a strong plot, strong characters and involved a lot of different emotions. I can't wait to read more from Holly M. Campbell! I give this book 5 out 5 stars and highly recommend this book to all of you!

Thank you for visiting and commenting!