Goosebumps: The Movie Review and Our 2nd & Charles Book Haul!

1:20:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


I have been a fan of R.L. Stine's Goosebumps since grade school. I had every single book. I would beg my parents to buy me the books from the Scholastic book order forms. As I got older, I started reading his Fear Street series. Again, I was in love with them. Last year I found out that Goosebumps the movie was being released! I could not wait for it to come out. A year later and here we are! We took the kids to the movies this past Saturday to Goosebumps.

The movie was great! Jack Black plays R.L. Stine and did an amazing job playing him. Our favorite actor is Jack Black so we never had any doubts when we found out he was in the movie. Dylan Minnette played his character well. My daughter was just in aw of him the entire movie. Odeya Rush played R.L. Stine's daughter and did an amazing job as well. Ryan Lee who played Champ was hilarious! We laughed a lot during the movie which is always a good sign. The plot was strong, the writing was strong, and the acting was strong. I'm 31 years old and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. My husband who is 36 year old, thoroughly enjoyed the movie as well. My 7 year old and Destiny -who is 14 years old - loved it as well. This will definitely be a movie we will be purchasing on DVD.


After we got out of the movies, the kids wanted to head over to Target to look for some Goosebumps books. The books there were $6.99 and they only had 4. That's when I took the entire gang to 2nd & Charles! I knew we'd find some good and classic ones. The old Goosebumps books were awesome! The title was raised and bumpy. The new books are just flat. So we made around the aisles and finally found R.L. Stine's Goosebumps books! They were priced from $1.00 to $1.40! We racked up. Mikey picked out 11 books and Destiny picked out 12. I ended up getting some the Vampire Diaries books.


Pretty impressive book haul right? We only paid $40.31 for all of these! If you can't read the titles from the picture, read them below with the prices beside them!

The New Year's Party (Fear Street Superchiller) $1.75
The Girlfriend $1.40
Call Waiting $1.23
30 Tales to Give you Goosebumps $2.78
Eye Candy $2.50
One Evil Summer $1.00
Double Date $1.00
Stepsister $1.31
Boyfriend $1.23
Switched $1.00
The Mind Reader $1.00
Silent Night $1.40
A Shocker on Shocker Street $1.40
Welcome to Camp Nightmare $1.40
The Blog that ate Everyone $1.40
Attack of the Jack-O'Lanterns $1.40
Let's get Invisible $1.40
Night of the Living Dummy $1.40
Night of the Living Dummy II $1.40
Night of the Living Dummy III $1.40
The Abominable Snowman of Pasedena $1.40
Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes $1.50
The Ghost Next Door $1.50
The Awakening/The Struggle $2.00
The Fury and Dark Reunion $3.00

The subtotal was $38.03. The tax was $2.28 so that brought the total to $40.31!

Thank you for visiting and commenting!