Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight Book Review!

12:38:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-


I heard such great things about this book that when I received my Amazon gift card from my job, I got this book and a slew of others. I had to have this book. It was on the top of my list. It took me about two months to read because I've been so busy work, my kids and my other blog. I finally finished reading the last 20 pages and it left me speechless. Kimberly McCreight did an amazing job with this book. Her writing is creative, detailed, and pulls you into the story. I fell in love with all of the characters especially Sandy and Molly. This story has so many characters and details that you will have to keep up and pay attention closely. The book does not have number chapters. Every new chapter tells a part of story to one of the characters in the book.

Those two characters were my favorite. I felt they were the two that evolved and held the important pieces together. This story was a tough one to read in the beginning. This story is set in a town named Ridgedale, NJ. Molly has just recently moved there with her husband and their daughter Ella as a fresh start after the stillbirth of their second child. Molly was once a lawyer but in Ridgedale she took a job as a freelance journalist. She was given a story to cover in which she later finds out is a dead newborn that has been found on the university campus. Eerily enough there have been other deaths at this loaction. This town has so many secrets that Molly and Sandy are determined to uncover. One of those secrets being who killed the newborn that was found on the university campus and where is Sandy's mom? Who does this baby belong to? Was Jenna murdered? What they don't know is that in the midst of uncovering these secrets, people will be hurt, lives will be shattered and the community will be shaken. Kimberly makes you doubt every single one of the characters and once you think you have an idea of who you think it is or what the cause may be, she throws you a curve ball. One of my favorite parts in the book was this page right here:


The last 20 pages left me completely mind blown. I was speechless. I was excited. I was angry. I was sad. You know the author did an amazing job creating the character when you feel real feelings toward that character. There was one character in particular that I disliked toward the end of the book. In my opinion, if I could dislike a character so much, then I believe that the author did what they were supposed to do. This book has become my #1 favorite book! I would love to see this movie on the big screen. I give this book a 5/5 stars. It's riveting, an awesome thriller, and takes you for the wildest ride you will have. If you have not read this book, I would suggest you go pick this up asap and read it! I guarantee that you will not put it down.


Thank you for visiting and commenting!